Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What have we been up to?

I have had a few people ask what we have been up to since the vacations which officially ended in early October. 

We have been getting settled into a new school year.  We have 5 different grades and a preschooler this year.  I stand in a unique place as a mom right now.  This year I have one finishing up school and one just starting.  I have 3 in between that are in different grades in different subjects depending on their strengths and weaknesses.  And one who hasn't started school yet but is eager to keep up with the others anyway. There is nothing like a fresh school year to remind you how unique God made each one of us.  My children, while raised in the same house, expected to follow the same rules and exposed to the same things day in and day out still have amazingly unique talents and interests.  Our focus this year is letting each one of them grow in the areas that they are most called to while still keeping up with the basics like math and spelling.  For the next 6 days I will share a bit about each  young Stetson individually and what God has called them to work on right now including their hobbies, school and service. 


 Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."


(Bonus points to anyone who guesses correctly which little blessing this is)

2 comments: