Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge Trip

I know I am jumping right back into a vacation journal after just finishing one but once school starts we often take a couple getaways while we have the world to ourselves.  Since I got behind on my blogging these two ended up posting back to back.  We got a great Homeschool discount by going to Great Wolf Lodge in October.  We had a fantastic time relaxing at the lodge and checking out a few more places that we had missed on the previous trip. 


One of them was Pioneer Farms.  It is both a history museum and hands on learning experience for children.  They have the chance to use actual antique utensils and tools and see what it was like to live 150 years ago in the pacific northwest.  There are actual cabins dating back to pioneer times and a working blacksmith shop and barn.  The kids had a fantastic time.


Anna grinds coffee


Elayna grinds flour


Clara grinds cornmeal


Jacob and Elayna wash clothes







Learning how to pound a horseshoe












Hay Jump














Coal for the Blacksmithing










4 comments:

  1. I've loved looking through all the photos you've been posting. You guys have been having too much fun! :) It really makes me want to go on a trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to get back to the Pioneer museum. Jumping from the hay loft was my older two childrens favorite part when we took them when they were little. I love all the photos of them "experiencing" what life was like. Those are such fun times. Is the little one room school house still there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Lanita, it is there and I got a copy of the "rules" of the schoolhouse to take home. I got the rules for the students and the ones for the teachers too. I will take a picture of them and post it soon.

    Thanks Cheri, we have enjoyed sharing them. It has reminded me of when I was a kid, someone would come home from a vacation and have slides made and then have a slide show of their trip. Does anyone else remember going to other peoples vacation slide shows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,
    We would go to family slide shows of vacations. My dad gave us a large box full of slides and reel-to-reels for us to have. Ralph is putting them on DVD's for posterity.

    ReplyDelete