Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Poultry Palace

I have been saying I would get pictures of the poultry palace up.  I have not gotten a picture of the coop part yet but I decided to go ahead and post the pictures I have.

The kids worked so hard helping put this together. 

The Poultry Palace:

  • Is 50x25 feet
  • Has an 8x8 coop with a perch and heat lamp
  • Has 4x4 treated posts buried 2 feet into the ground
  • Has galvanized steel cattle panel around the entire outside
  • Has 1 inch poultry netting covering the entire run and attached to the cattle panel every 2 inches
  • Has 1 inch chicken wire covering every inch of the cattle panel all the way around
  • Has 4x4 boards and landscaping boards around the entire base to prevent predators from burying under the cattle panel


It took hard work from almost everyone in the family.



Taking a break after lunch


Tying the chicken wire on was a tedious job that everyone helped with


Finished!


Ice Cream treats for a job well done.


President Obama, I made my kids work hard and help with my farm work.  I understand this makes me an outlaw now!  Come and get me!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome job, Stetson children!! That was a lot of work. I can't wait to see to the "house". I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your sense of humor, Kristen!!! You are sounding like Ralph now!!! I know our girls have been using power tools, and lifting heavy items (chicken tractor), so I guess that makes us outlaws now too, on our little city farm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how boys (and girls) get strong. By working hard when they are young. I guess we want a nation of weak little boys that only know how to play video games. Sad, because habits are built while we are young. I guess hard work isn't something that is valued anymore in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard work is not valued, that is why the government handouts have skyrocketed since Mr. Obama came into office. I am so thankful that we have taught our children their entire lives that work is important. And recently we have begun teaching them that work is a blessing from God. God commanded it in the garden before the fall. The society sees work as a curse (just like they see children), so they do everything they can to get out of it. I love seeing children working together and really enjoying themselves and seeing the satisfied faces after a job well done. You and Craig are doing an awesome job of raising workers that have a great work ethic. I know you are very proud of them..

    ReplyDelete