Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stephanie's foot update

I have gotten some questions about how Stephanie is doing and if her foot is recovering.  The short answer is that she isn't as pain free as we were hoping.  She had an appointment yesterday however, and the doctor still feels it is early to worry.  She still has a lot of holes in the bones where the screws and plate came out on January 4th.

I will try to remember to update again in a few weeks and hopefully will have more positive news to share.

This is a short post.  But I couldn't help but post a picture of the screws and plate that came out of her foot.  I took the picture next to a pencil top eraser to give it scale.  I don't even want to imagine how and where that long one was screwed in!

3 comments:

  1. That just looks terribly painful. What is with them being purple, did she really care what color her screws were:) I am sorry to hear she is not as pain free as had been hoped. We will continue praying for her to become pain free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,the purple and green and bright gold color surprised me too. At first I thought maybe they were color coded so that in the ER it was easy to quickly find the size/type needed but that isn't true because one of the purple ones is a very different size. Anyway, they are fun colors. And in case we have any science minded people out there who want to know- the metal is titanium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia will love to see that she had purple screws. Titanium is what Ralph is supposed to have his knee replaced with. Pretty sturdy stuff:)

    ReplyDelete