Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fourth of July 2012

One of our favorite days of the year is the Fourth of July. 

Daddy always has it off from work. 

We have some traditional foods we make every year. 

And we live just a few minutes from boom city
so we can buy huge amounts of fireworks cheap.


So many choices!


Almost didn't get these backpacks until daddy scored 3 for the price of 1.


Our haul


Back at home Anna shapes the cookie dough for our fruit cookie cups.


Our Traditional Fourth of July Foods


New this year:  Annas Cookie Fruit Cups.





Moms Bacon and Chive Potato Salad



Kylie's Ambrosia Salad


A summer feast


Setting up the fireworks show


Starting with smoke balls and firecrackers




A special part of our family this year




Anna enjoying the day


This little guy was dispensing wisdom on our fireworks box



Getting settled in for the bigger show.




Every year Jacob buys some huge tanks and stages a
tank battle for us.


A few more pretty ones before mom (aka the photographer)
went inside with the baby to escape the super loud ones




I hope you all had an amazing independence day and that everyone remembered
to be thankful for the freedoms we have every day!

2 comments:

  1. So it looks like everyone had fun, but where were Craig and Stephanie (since I know you were taking the photos, Kristen, I won't ask where you were:)

    That food looked really good. I think we are going to have to try Anna's cookie cups. Of course, I think I might need to make the potato and Ambrosia salads too!! We will try and get some photos of our 4th of July up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good question Lanita. I really don't know why I didn't get them in more pictures. They really were with us all day. I am missing a really cute picture I took of Jacob negotiating the price of his tanks. If I find it I will add it. He is becoming quite the little haggler! Looking forward to seeing your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete