Saturday, March 24, 2012

In memory

Remembering my dad (Grandpa Jerry) 
on what would  have been his 70th birthday.

God saw that he was getting tired,
A cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around him
and whispered, "Come with Me."
With tearful eyes, we watched him suffer,
And saw him fade away.
Although we loved him dearly,
We could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands did cease
Yes our hearts our broken
But our dad is now at peace.

I miss you dad and I wish you could have known all of my children.

Gerald W Taylor


March 24th 1942 - May 17th 2004


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem. I am thankful you had the years you had with him. What a blessing your children have in his memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your poem too. What a lovely memorial.

      Delete